Who is using an android backup?

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Something recently went bezerk with the SD card in my Samsung Gallaxy Mini 3. I lost all my pictures. I wanted to do a backup thing and I have Idrive on all the home computers. Would an Idrive app for the phone be an effective thing?

eavega

Lieutenant
You know that Google is now offering unlimited backups of photos as long as they are under 11 Megapixel images. Images back up automatically whenever you are on a wifi connection. Look into Google Photo app.

Rgds

-E

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Mine also gets backed up to my google account because I have the google photo app. Also, not a huge fan of SD cards in phones. I just bought a Galaxy S6 and it does not bother me one bit that it doesn't have an SD card slot.

First thing I did with my S6 is get rid of as much of the Samsung crapware as possible.

JustJason

Vice Admiral
I have a windows phone, windows tablet, windows pc. Everything is synced up automatically between all the devices, plus saved. on onedrive. It's pretty seamless the way it all works. The phone and tablet do not have a lot of onboard storage but with the one drive I have 100GB of service manuals on it plus another 100+gb of all my music that I can access anyplace I have a wifi or cellular connection.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
yeah...problem with that is you have to have a Windows Phone! Yuch!

BTW, you can use Onedrive on an android device. I personally prefer Dropbox or Google drive myself. Drop box is the easiest to use of them all.

Last edited:

Pony

Rear Admiral
I use Google Drive for any documents that I download, and have been backing up Photos to Google Photos for awhile now. I like the fact that Google sorts the photos by month/year so they are easy to find, and if you set it up it will take similar photos and make you animated photos and enhanced photos with special effects that you can save or discard with a simple swipe.

I just switched from a Note 2 to an IPhone 6+ and I still back up my photos to Google. I don't even have to think about it and every photo I have taken with either phone is immediately accessible on every phone or tablet I own.

JustJason

Vice Admiral
I hear you but If you don't really care about a million apps a windows phone works very well. Navigation is very clean and easy. And Cortana runs circles around Siri. I had an android phone before this and don't think I would go back to one.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I know a few people that had a Windows phone. None of them own them anymore. I would be very surprised if they are still around 5 years from now.

The people that make my internet thermostat didn't even write an app for a windows phone.

I have had both Android and iOS. I think both are equally as good with the iOS having more a more stable OS.

Last edited: