Picture too large

foodfisher

Captain
Son in law gave us a 50" LG tv. Unbelievably the picture on the screen is too large. Both sides are clipped off. Don't know about the top and bottom but they appear okay. What can cause this problem and is it easily fixed?

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Oh yes I have the exact same issue. There are viewing options like 16:9 ratio, 4:3 ration, Zoom1, Zoom 2, Set by station and some others. We have ours set to 16:9 ratio and it does the same thing you commented about. But no other option fills out the screen properly as well. So you just have to pick one you like and that's about it. Search your menu options for Viewing Options and select through them to see what you like the best...

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
What type of service do you have? I know with Dish, besides the settings on the TV, I also have options on the Dish Remote, if you press the * key below the 7 key it will change the format somewhat, I believe that Direct has this feature as well.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Aspect Ratio in your TV menu somewhere to look for the numbers listed above. Just keep looking or if you have DIRECTV it is in our menu to work to your TV. I'm in Supply Chain now not a tech anymore so can't help with specifics but I know it's there but when I get a second I'll go to the warehouse and look at the remote or find a tech.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Depends on what your source is putting out. If you are not on a high def receiver, you are in 4:3 mode which is filling up your screen and the excess on the top and bottom is getting cropped.