Looking for a smart LED wifi tv, 32-40", any info?

ezbtr

Commander
We want 32-40 ish ", 2 HDMI, 1080P, 120 hz, and wifi to link to home wireless (not add another cable box) so we can watch reg. TV, Netflix etc(been using old PC w/ 24" screen) when we have a full house of kids, any models/brands you guys like? Thanks :)

Last edited:

mr geets

Petty Officer 3rd Class
We got an LG a couple of years ago and said goodbye to cable. Really enjoy YouTube (if they don't start charging!) and Netflix. Sometimes a slower hookup but we are on rural internet. Works great otherwise and we use our laptops for current news stuff.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I'm happy with our Vizio............... Samsung would be good too imo. I think it's tough to go wrong these days unless it's a no-name elcheapo(although, they're all pretty cheap).

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I bought a Vizio a couple of years ago and have been happy with it, I have a Dynax in the bedroom with a built in DVD player and it has been good as well, neither one of them are smart models, but that is taken care of by a broken sony Blu-Ray player we have had a couple of years, won't play discs anymore, but the smart part works great. Now a days, in less expensive TV's it is hard to buy a bad one, they pretty work the same and have many of the same parts in them, no matter what name they have on them.

ezbtr

Commander
I looked at Vizio, Samsung and a few others and ended up getting a pretty good deal on a VIZIO E43-C2 43-Inch 1080p Smart LED HDTV, has everything I want and good reviews, I'll know by Monday or Tues :) :cool:

generator12

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I would agree with what the previous posters have said, and add Hitachi to the list. It's availability is pretty much limited to Sam's Club and Wal-Mart. Picture quality and color reproduction is rated as excellent by Consumer Reports, and reliability is rated well also. I've got one and have found it to be flawless. And it was relatively inexpensive.

I've got an older Vizio which is very good too, and they're generally rated highly.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Watch what your buying. When we got our Samsung 60, the prices varied widely for what looked to be the same model.

A little research and I found manufacturers make "models" specifically for the big box stores that are missing features and functions found on other models so buyer beware.

Go the the manufacturers website to decipher the exact model number your looking at. In our case, the TV doesn't support a wireless keyboard. No big deal at the time...big deal now that we've had a year to play with it. Not having wireless keyboard severely hampers our ability to interact with the unit

ezbtr

Commander
I looked at Vizio, Samsung and a few others and ended up getting a pretty good deal on a VIZIO E43-C2 43-Inch 1080p Smart LED HDTV, has everything I want and good reviews, I'll know by Monday or Tues :) :cool:
It's great so far, but did have to get an ATT wireless box to get wireless TV signal, internet wireless is fine though as is on different bandwitch :)