American Standard Central Heat - A/C system

ehenry

Commander
Does anyone have any wisdom on American Standard systems? I understand that Trane and American Standard are pretty much the same just different name. We are having a new 3 ton system installed in the upstairs of my dads house. The guy doing install whom I know and trust recommends Trane or A/S....anyone have any advice?

TexMonty

Seaman
You talking how good equipment? Both are one in the same, and good equipment. Just differnt AS usually a little cheaper

bigdee

Commander
American Standard and the Trane contractor spec units are identical. Both are low budget units. Good units but with fewer bells and whistles.

Tnstratofam

Commander
Virtually identical systems. I wouldn't hesitate on an American Standard. Good units. Like any system proper installation is the key.

ehenry

Commander
Thanks, guys, for the comments and advice. We dont need bells and whistles on this unit just reliability. This is going to replace a 30 year old Lenox system that developed a leak in the condenser and a-coil at the end of the hot weather season last year. We had it recharged to get Pop and his care givers through the end of summer. Now that the weather is turning warm its time to fix it right.

hrdwrkingacguy

Petty Officer 1st Class
Trane and American standard for the most part have identical units. There are some trane only model #'s and I am sure some American standard model #'s but for the most part the only difference is one has a blue sticker and one has a orange sticker...they both offer the same seer rating ranges from 13 to 21 or whatever the highest is now...

Due to the climatuff compressor I feel they make the best equipment...this is only my opinion because I get everything at cost and don't pay street price for units and parts...:eek: