Another '03 Suburban Issue....Rear Doors Open

salty87

Commander
Might as well get some help with this before I tackle the other fuse issue...

These are the double doors on the back, not the lift style. I'm getting a Rear Doors Open warning, intermittent. Seems somewhat related to hitting bumps in the road. (Stop hitting the bumps...I know, used to work, lol.)

I cleaned the connectors inside the door jam at the top...5 spring loaded prongs on the vehicle that contact 5 metal surface on the door. It didn't make any difference. The spring loaded prongs seem to have good pressure and move freely when compressed.

Thanks

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I haven't worked on a Suburban, but others with a similar set-up. The prongs are the connection for all the electrical components in the door. In others, there is a switch, usually on the latch mechanism. It's possible the switch is out of adjustment or worn. Just an idea, salty.

salty87

Commander
Thanks, GA.

I just cleaned the contacts, there are actually 6 prongs. The alarm has gotten worse....or more accurately seems to get worse in the heat of the afternoon. Alarm is nearly non-stop then compared to infrequent in the morning. At least there will be no falling asleep on my drive home in the pm.

I did some online searching and saw many posts about the lift style doors but nothing about the barn door style. The search continues.

salty87

Commander
The drive home this afternoon only generated 1 alarm and that was before I even left the office parking lot. 50 miles later not another alarm. Maybe cleaning the contacts really well did the trick...fingers crossed.