Best site to buy PC parts to assemble your own home tower system?

southkogs

Staff member
I had to stop. Was too addictive. Would stay up too late.
... I have found that some of these games have some pretty decent script writing behind the cut scenes. I can actually get soaked into playin' 'em just to see how the story winds up. You're right ... same thing would happen to me.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
When I did the Call of Duty, I only did the multi player . Never got into the story line too much. The big problem is there is voice and you have to listen to all the stuff spewing out of these 15 year old's mouths. For some reason they just love telling me how they want to have sex with my mother. Gets old fast.

ezbtr

Commander
[h=1]HP ProDesk 400 G1 Desktop PC - Intel Core i3-4360 3.70GHz, 8GB DDR3 Memory, 1TB HDD, DVDRW, 1GB AMD Radeon HD 8350, Windows 7/8.1 Pro 64-bit - K6R23UT#ABA, for $539, cant wait til it gets here, you really cant build one yourself for less these days :cool:[/h]

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Now all you have to do is get rid of all the bloatware that HP installs on their machines, the last one I bought, it took 2 weeks to get rid of all that stuff.

oldjeep

Admiral
Now all you have to do is get rid of all the bloatware that HP installs on their machines, the last one I bought, it took 2 weeks to get rid of all that stuff.

It took you 2 weeks to format the drive and install windows?

oldjeep

Admiral
I didn't format and install a new copy of windows on that one, because it had win 8 on it and I wanted to play with the new OS

You still just format and reinstall Win 8 when you buy a new computer - I do it with everyone I buy. Not worth the hassle of starting with all the preinstalled crap and working backwards.

Last edited:

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
You still just format and reinstall Win 8 when you buy a new computer - I do it with everyone I buy. Not worth the hassle of starting with all the preinstalled crap and working backwards.

I don't have a copy of windows 8 other than what was installed on the computer when I bought it, normally I do format and then re-install. At this point in time it is almost 3 years since I purchased it, so it really is a moot point. It really was a fluke that I bought a pre-configured computer, normally I build my own. The main reason I kept the original install of win 8 was I had a bunch of development software I wanted to use on this laptop, so it has worked out fine for me In addition, a good many people don't know how to reformat and install new again so they go through the bloatware shuffle.

ezbtr

Commander
It comes with 7 and 8.1 Pro, I'm curious about 8.1, and for the money it's a good deal w/ 3 yr warranty, free shipping through tiger direct :cool:
Oh, we play Sniper 3 Elite and a few other games online with Xbox 360 and new Xbox 1 too :rolleyes:

Last edited:

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Been dealing with newegg for years and never a problem. Most of the parts in the one I'm using came from there and it's an old Pent. dual core. Wife's last 2 laptops also came from there.

ezbtr

Commander
was supposed to have built in wireless, even though it didnt show in pics, yet tech told me it would come with card and antennas, didnt, so they shipping me a usb wireless adapter - even though I have one, my thought is they need to send me what I ordered - besides that works great, staying with w7 for awhile, may try W 8.1 later (came w/ both)

acvff334

Cadet
I've always used Microcenter. Great prices and the in-store staff is always knowledgeable, helpful and polite.