Could someone explain this to me?

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Don't want to wreck it, I used to have friends that built rigs like this, for shows and cruising on Friday nights.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
All show and no go. On the positive side it's cheaper to build it like this and not have worry about blowing the motor, trans or rear. Same as why do people spend millions for some vintage cars just to look at? It's beyond me.

southkogs

Staff member
Don't want to wreck it ...
That's the big thing in my experience. You got a lot into it, why risk spreading the parts all over the track?

There are a few cars though GA that I can completely understand why one would have just to preserve the car. There are a number of them that are significant from a design, style and/or build standpoint.

BRG25

Chief Petty Officer
I guess...lol What caught my attention was a road legal car with with nitrous.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Nitrous is legal for road use - As long as the car passes emissions if required. And you don't have to push the button. Or do you? :rolleyes:

If I was rich, I would be like Jay Leno. He drives all of his cars, no matter how much they are worth. Not as daily drivers, but they do see the road.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
There are lots of vehicles like that at all car shows. It is that person's hobby. And what better way to show the public what YOU accomplished then show it off... The only problem I see with vehicles like this is when they trailer their show car and put them in car shows that don't have a "dive it" in to the car show requirements. Obvious trailer queens will take the show because they hardly ever run, but get trailered to each show to win best of show... If there are separate classes, then I don't have any issue with them at all and enjoy looking at them...

WIMUSKY

Staff member
First, my thoughts are, why not? For reasons given.

Usually at shows you can tell a trailer queen. Most guys don't care for them. I was asked once if mine was, no way! If you don't drive 'em, why have 'em. JMO.....

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I have owned several cars over the years that I ran Nitrous for on street use.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Speaking of car shows, I just received my first flyer for the season a few minutes ago. The show isn't til July.......

southkogs

Staff member
If you don't drive 'em, why have 'em. JMO.....
That's why I don't own anything fancy ... I wanna' drive 'em too much. Though, the local antique club guys drive their cars a LOT. Most of them keep them on the road as often as they can.

I got to meet THIS GUY just a couple of months ago, and got to see his Batmobile ('66 version). It was fun because that car is street legal and he can drive it around.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Mine sees the road a lot too since we have a short season. Seems like I'm constantly cleaning off bugs....... Cool batmobiles, Kogs.......

bobsquatch

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I used to have issues with people slamming dually trucks and whoring up classic muscle cars but at some point I realized they do not have to do what I would do. To each their own I guess. Its their car after all.

jtmarten

Master Chief Petty Officer
He doesn't race it because that chassis is not suited for racing. Probably very marginal strength for the street considering his claimed HP rating (which to me seems like your average fish story). Traction bars and wheelie bars just ain't gonna cut it. I'm guessing if he warmed up those rear tires, trans-braked up to the stall point, let 'er rip with that 500 shot, that entire rear suspension would be one big train wreck.