Epson Printers?

NYBo

Admiral
Oops, I made a typo in the post. It should read, "The new one, an MFC-9340CDW..." I purchased the previous one, an MFC-9420CN, in March of 2007, and it was going to need some pricey replacement parts that had worn out. It didn't do automatic duplex printing, and didn't do too well with pictures, either. The new one was quite a bit cheaper, to boot.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Oops, I made a typo in the post. It should read, "The new one, an MFC-9340CDW..." I purchased the previous one, an MFC-9420CN, in March of 2007, and it was going to need some pricey replacement parts that had worn out. It didn't do automatic duplex printing, and didn't do too well with pictures, either. The new one was quite a bit cheaper, to boot.

I am just about to pull the trigger on a 9340. I am just trying to figure out how I will rebuild my printer rack to accomodate it. $369 is incredible price for the reliability and and economy of a color laser all in one. Can you fax from the printer console or do you have to do it from the computer? I used to be able to do that with my HP 6210 but it now goes appoplectic when I try. I have to turn the computer on to be able to fax via the software.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
NYBo, how do the color graphics look? How good a job does it do on fotos? I saw that the 9340 does not accept glossy foto paper.

NYBo

Admiral
It works as a stand-alone fax machine, sending and receiving. You can also fax directly from the computer.

I am quite satisfied with the quality of photos and color graphics.