Bye Bye Ol' Blue. Hi Ho Silver! (or something like that)

lncoop

Vice Admiral
The admiral and I talked it over and agreed that while Ol' Blue will probably go many more miles as is it made sense to just bite the bullet and get another Expedition now. There won't be an easier time to do it. We decided rather than trade it in we'd sell it and pay off her car with the proceeds. For sales tax purposes Arkansas allows one to offset the purchase price when selling outright provided the transactions are within 45 days of each other. Potential buyers are interested around my price and I'm fully disclosing all circumstances. I got an email this morning from a dealer who's a friend of a friend and he gave me the best bid provided everything checks out (he knows everything).

Now on to the fun part. Dealers around here think Expeditions are gold plated. Prices are absurd. I tried hard but just couldn't get anywhere near what I was willing to pay so I expanded my search radius and prices started getting much more realistic. So, here's the new rig. http://www.carsdirect.com/used_cars...307640/ford/expedition?source=UsedCarListings One owner trade; purchased there new and traded in on a new one. Carfax is a page and a half. No guarantees in life, but this is the closes thing to one I can afford.:laugh: A buddy and I left at 7:15 Friday night and drove to Coffeyville, Kansas which is twenty miles from Independence. The next morning we went to the dealer and picked her up. I paid $26k. Sure was a fun five hour drive home. Time will tell but I think this one will give us many happy years of service. Thanks to all you guys for listening to me b***h for the last two months.:)