Open Office Writer?

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Any opinions on this? All I want is the Word Processor. There are a bunch of links to download it but if it is any good, I do not know which one to pick.

bigdee

Commander
I have used it for years. It is now Libre office. Looks,feels and is compatible with MS office. Download from developer not a 3rd party website and donate a dollar or two. After all,it is saving you a wad of money and offers support and updates....all free.

thumpar

Admiral
I have some customers that use it. The only problem I have seen is some of the macros in an Office document don't run right. Most people don't need that though.

bigdee

Commander
. The only problem I have seen is some of the macros in an Office document don't run right. Most people don't need that though.

Macros run fine just not compatible if you open them in MS or vice versa.

thumpar

Admiral
Macros run fine just not compatible if you open them in MS or vice versa.
Yea that is what I meant. Most people use office so if you get a document from someone that uses office and it has macros it probably won't run right. Usually in a home situation you would not run into this though.

southkogs

Staff member
Something that I've been doing lately Boomyal is working in Text Edit (or Word Pad on Windows). The native applications like that have come a long way in the last few years.

I have used Open Office, but Mac made Pages very affordable not too long ago so I've gone that route (primarily).