Sound Bar..........

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I believe this has been discussed, but darned if I could find the Topic.....

Vizo Smart

Looking for a decent sound bar that wont break the bank....... I believe they all come with wireless subwoofers? Ideas?

Thanks,
Musky

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I have had a Vizio for over 4 years now and love it, I added a BIC sub and it has done every single thing I have wanted, the remote on mine is about an 1.4 inches wide and six inches long and it can't be programed into a universal, but it is a nice set up.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
I was looking to get a sound bar for Xmas. Looked at Sonos, Harmon Kardon and Bose. After listening to all three and comparing the features, Sonos was the easy choice.

Wifi connectivity so you can stream music directly from the net or use a "wired" input device. You can use the remote to the wired device or your cell phone to control content and volume.

Ended up getting a pair of Play5 instead of a sound bar. Better sound and the wifi connectivity makes them portable further enhancing their versatility.

Downside...not for the "value" minded

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Thanks for the ideas, fellas. One thing I noticed about the sound bars is they're 3 3/4" tall. My tv is 2 3/4" from the base to the base of the screen. I would lose 1" of viewing area. I would need to make something to raise the tv up little. I see they have sound stands/plates that the tv sits on. That would work good if they sound good too...

ezbtr

Commander
I got a RCA that matched my 55" TV, works great was maybe $50 but remote is so small! :)