Small Angle Grinder

alldodge

Staff member
Metabo also has a factory in China, Shanghai, but I'm not sure what all is made there.

Agree, but many of the heavy metal users mention the Metabo but not much anywhere else. Maybe it's lack of marketing :)

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
The guys in the fab shop had tried a few of those Metabo and they didn't seem to hold up any better than the Milwaukee.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
6 guys in the fab shop plus 3 shifts of mechanics and they all were hard on the tools. They would use them with grinding wheel, flap wheels, cut off wheels and the 3m polishing pads.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I've been using a DW802 w/o any problems for quite a while......

JaCrispy

Petty Officer 1st Class
I bought a Snap on grinder back in ~1997. I used to do fab work in a truck/heavy equipment shop so that thing has been used and abused. Still works flawlessly. HOWEVER...at the time I bought it, I noticed a set of Black & Decker electric shears had the same exact body. I asked my Snap on dealer and he confirmed the Snap On stuff was in fact rebranded Black & Decker.

alldodge

Staff member
Go figure Snap On is B&D and Dewalt is B&D. Have heard nothing back from my email to Dewalt, sure hope Milwaukee isn't B&D :rolleyes:

alldodge

Staff member
Hey Wimusky I was incorrect the 802 is a small frame model, was thinking it was the larger model, will look further into it.

Just got an email from Dewalt and they are recommending there latest model DWE402. The 802 is a 9amp and the 402 is 11 amp. Will compare to the Mil