Texting a picture on an Android Smart Phone?

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
I have never sent one before. Is it normal for it to take nearly 5 minutes for a picture to be sent out? It is a picture that I took with the phone, then included it as an attachment to a text message.

thumpar

Admiral
It may be that the picture was taken at a very high quality. Try turning the resolution down and see if it helps.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
That is not normal. Who is your carrier? Does it eventually get sent?

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
That is not normal. Who is your carrier? Does it eventually get sent?

Carrier is Verizon. The picture did get sent and the recipient received it and responded very quickly, probably in less time than it took to send it. I did show low bars on my reception at the time. As far as resolution, it was whatever the Samsung Galaxy S III defaults to.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
depending on where you are, Verizon's network is saturated due to pure network traffic. if you are in a highly over-poplulated area, it may just take a while to send. what is the status of your network signal? you should try sending pics from a Packers game at a stadium in Florida during snowbird season.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
....... what is the status of your network signal?,,,,,

Pretty poor at the house. I have to have a network extender and then be within 15 feet of it for the cell phone to even work. A lot of time when I am sitting in front of the extender I will have full bars but yesterday, trying to send the picture my reception was at the bottom of the graph. Still though, that was sufficient for making calls.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
your android has 3 networks. 1 for calls, 1 for text messaging, 1 for multi media. just because the quality is ok to make a call, doesnt mean its adequate to text or send pictures