Need some MS Access Programming Help

Harritwo

Chief Petty Officer
I am trying to design a database to be used for purchasing requisitions and quotes. I have gotten the excel sheet and the access form to work together. When the form is complete, I desire to press a single button and have access e-mail it to the address selected on the form.

Does anyone know how to make that happen and can explain it to me?

i am using MS Office Professional Plus 2013 with MS Excel, Access, and Outlook.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Did you get this working. If not send me a PM and I'll help you. Been doing access/excel programming for 20 years

Harritwo

Chief Petty Officer
Wood,

Finally got it working the way I envisioned it. I went live with it this past friday and all is working great. I had a line of code in the macro wrong, it about drove me bonkers but i got it. Next project i will be starting, and I dont have it even thought out yet, is to develop some standards that will be based in excel with minimal input to be able to calculate labor consistently .

Thoughts are if i am welding 10 lf of 1/4 steel plate it takes xx hours for crop, xx for fit, xx for tack, xx for weld to finals, xx for setup, xx for breakdown, then if you increase to 20 or 50 lf, you should be able to get economy of scale and wont need to duplicate the setup breakdown. My thought is to have an excel based, input on sheet 1, formulas and calculations run on sheets 2-xx depending on what code is selected.

I intend to develop this for many operations such as welding, paint, pipe, insul, crane, rigging, etc... want all calcs to come to sheet 1, with formulas on subsequesnt sheets and locked. Do you have any thoughts as to whether this is feasible and how easily it can be accomplished?