Windows XP delete function

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Seems I have lost my ability to select a string of folders by holding either the ctr key or the shift key and highlighting a range of folders.. Now when I single click on a folder it highlights it and displays all the sub folders. Holding down the ctrl key or the shift key no longer highlights a range of folders OR allows you to high lite each one in a string.

Where is this function controlled?

thumpar

Admiral
Under folder options general tab make sure that double click to open an item is selected. If single click is selected it just opens and not selects.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Thanks thumpar. I went and checked it and 'double click' was already selected. I went back out and selected a block of files. Today it worked, Yesterday it didn't??? Go figure!

alldodge

Staff member
It's only a matter of time before your going to have to upgrade. I just did with my old laptop to windows 7, hope it will take a few years before I need to do it again

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
It's only a matter of time before your going to have to upgrade. I just did with my old laptop to windows 7, hope it will take a few years before I need to do it again

It will probably be another 10 years before MS discontinues support for Window 7, actually Win 7 has become quite a stable platform and works quite well, of course XP did as well, but it was on the market for a long time.

alldodge

Staff member
It will probably be another 10 years before MS discontinues support for Window 7, actually Win 7 has become quite a stable platform and works quite well, of course XP did as well, but it was on the market for a long time.

Hope your right, currently my dell laptop still has no sound, and have tried several times to load the drive, but no help. Other then that and needing more memory (Win 7 is a memory hog) it's all fine

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
What model of Dell laptop do you have, also, do you have a Yellow icon next to you sound on the device manager? By the way, memory is cheap, I buy all of mine off ebay, from take outs on new computers.