Anybody know where to buy...

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
My Dad gave several old fly rods when I was visiting earlier this year and one of them has a broke tip on it, does anyone know of someplace that sell parts for old fly fishing rods, I would like to be able fix or replace the rod and use it, but have never seen any place that sells just parts.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Google Fly Rod repair in VT

We are lucky to have the Orvis Rod shop in Manchester, VT and they are VERY pro Veteran.

Give them a call and they will either get you parts or provide the guidance........they are good people.

nwcove

Admiral
i have drilled out and reused tips from other rods to replace missing/fubar'd tips on some of my favorites. as mentioned tho, a shortened rod will effect action.:lol:

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I guess, what I would like to find, is another upper section, this is a two piece pole and I suspect it is probably broke, to far down to not affect the action, I would really like to find a place that has parts from other old broken poles and see if we can match something up. Thanks for the information guys.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Who is the Manufacturer????
Most fly rods have a Lifetime Warranty.

I don't believe this one would have a lifetime warranty, it is a simple late 70's early 80/s Eagle Claw 8 1/2 foot 8wt Wright & McGill Denco Super IV So I don't believe they would look twice at it. I simply want to put it back together because it was my Fathers and I will probably not have him around many more years.

rsmitty814

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Have you tried Ebay? Maybe you could match something up there. I have my grandfathers fly rods and feel lucky to have them.

southkogs

Staff member
Check out CABELA'S MT. We've had a few 8' 5 3/4" fly rods in the family over the years ... It's amazing how quickly you realize you didn't take the rod apart when you close the window on a Ford Bronco lift gate. :)

Last edited:

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
I run into this all the time.

Customers bring in old rods and want them restored to "fishing" condition for sentimental reasons. By this time, the glass is long past it's prime. The fibers are brittle and the binders are starting to deteriorate.

At this point, its best to do a cosmetic restoration and hang it on the wall with a plaque that says Dad or Grandpa under it.

If you want to fish them, put a new tip on it and go fishing.

Mudhole.com will have any hardware you may need and more.

Last edited:

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral
Yes....mudhole.com for parts, if you want it done for you, redwingflyrods.com