cutting glass "peel n stick" backsplash

nwcove

Admiral
wife is on a roll again.....watching to many home improvement shows!!! anyway, picked up some peel n stick 1'x1' glass tiles that are made up of many smaller tiles that are meant to mesh with another tile on the ends. what is the best way to cut them to add ( or remove ) the ends to make them square where the back splash starts and ends? i dont want to buy a tool i will use once unless its cheap! i do have a few rotary tools that might score it enough to be snapped off....just dunno! :noidea:

Last edited:

Gyrene

Petty Officer 1st Class
Go to a Home Depot or Lowes and ask there. They are very helpful.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
that would be too much of a specialty tool; limited re-use. Dremel can do lots of other stuff and that's what I used on my tile back-splash around the electrical boxes when I did mine.

nwcove

Admiral
the dremel works great on the glass pieces, and ok on the ceramics ones. the glass sections actually break cleanly on their own after a score or two and they get warm. the ceramic pieces score easily but need to be snapped off with a pair of pliers.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I just cut some today . Very slowly with a wet saw . You can use an angle grinder with a tile blade slowly .. Little trick is to put masking tape over the face when you cut . Helps keep the pieces together somewhat ..

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I just used my oil bath glass cutter, scored it and snapped it with my glass pliers, didn't have any problems at all. I also have a glass edging grinder if I needed to clean anything up. If you don't have a lot of them to do, you might get someone at the local hobby shop to do it for you, one of the hobby shops that work with stained glass.

Last edited: