Appliance Guru's! Need some help.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
The other day, the wife was cooking dinner and the element in the oven burned and melted in half, no big deal right! Ordered a new element, slapped it in and now still won't turn on, what is the next thing I should check, I am thinking oven control switch, so pulled it apart to access the switch, nothing looks burned, is there a way to check the switch? This is an older Kenmore free standing range.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Tim, no in-range fuse on this model, that was the first thing I started checking for. :grumpy:

bigdee

Commander
Post the model #. Does it have controls to start bake time?

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
The Model number is 911.9332190 and the part number I figured out that I need is WB24K5060 which is no longer available according to the various parts companies I have looked at including Sears, so I may be off to pick up a new range this week!

It seems the oven bake/broil switch went when the element burned out.

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral
Yes, but they don't have stock....it lists as "special order".
Wonder what that means....:)

bigdee

Commander
The Model number is 911.9332190 and the part number I figured out that I need is WB24K5060 which is no longer available according to the various parts companies I have looked at including Sears, so I may be off to pick up a new range this week!

It seems the oven bake/broil switch went when the element burned out.

That oven is ancient! Options are to call various appliance repair shops,they may have one sitting on a shelf. You could bypass the switch and eliminate the broil function. IMO time for a new range!