Monitor Problem........

NYBo

Admiral
The download adds the ability to Word to read Works files from within Word itself.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Know nothing about the .MSI file. Never asked me to save anything. I hit download, it created an .exe file, I ran it, took a millisecond to run and that was that, now what?

NYBo

Admiral
Now open the Works file in Word, and Bob's your uncle. Or something like that...

NYBo

Admiral
I'm guessing that the table was imported from an external file which didn't go along for the ride when you moved the final document to your new computer. Therefore MS Word can't find the table's original file. Even if you do move the table file to the new computer, Word probably won't find it because the reference to it in the document file will point to the wrong location.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Yeah, that billing software was part of XPs package.......

thumpar

Admiral
I'm guessing that the table was imported from an external file which didn't go along for the ride when you moved the final document to your new computer. Therefore MS Word can't find the table's original file. Even if you do move the table file to the new computer, Word probably won't find it because the reference to it in the document file will point to the wrong location.
That is what I am thinking also. XP and Windows Vista on use different file locations for profiles. It is probably looking for something in the XP profile folder that doesn't exist in 8. You may look at the data source to see if you can figure out what it is looking for.