2011 GMC Acadia light replacement

levittownnick

Senior Chief Petty Officer
How do you replace the Day Light Running light? (My left bulb is not working.) You Tube has a 4 part video series that shows removing the front wheel and fender liner to gain access to the lamps. I just can't believe that all that is required.

dolluper

Captain
Your going to have to pull the fender liner at least .....pulling the wheel off makes the task just easier.......liner splits by strut assembly so you only take off front section....2-3 screws under bumper about 4 on fender lip and a couple off push pin types inside closer to engine compartment,lift the middle of these first to remove

windy5849

Petty Officer 1st Class
The Saturn Outlook service manual describes removing most of the front end to reach the head light bucket for bulb replacement. The fender liner is far easier to do, I have done it twice in the last six years. That is why the owners manual says to see your dealer for replacement - stupid design.

generator12

Not too much of a surprise. Remember the "cab forward" advertising that Chrysler used to do? Yeah, they increased the rear seat leg room and that was worthwhile, but to replace the battery in a Sebring, you have to pull the front left wheel and remove the fender liner to access it. Same type of thing here.

bassman284

Commander
The Saturn Outlook service manual describes removing most of the front end to reach the head light bucket for bulb replacement. The fender liner is far easier to do, I have done it twice in the last six years. That is why the owners manual says to see your dealer for replacement - stupid design.
Well, yes, where seviceability is concerned. But it is almost certainly a great Design for Manufacturability, which is the primary concern. I worked in automotive manufacturing for 22 years and DFM was always the basket with all the eggs in it.Very often you can make something easy to manufacture or easy to sevice, but not both. Otherwise everything would look like a 55 Chevy with a straight six.

levittownnick

For me this is the straw that broke the camels back. I will not buy a GM ever again.

Thanks for the help, as always, I came to the right place.

Nick

dolluper

Captain
Humm not that hard wait till you try an import .....then you will cry I will never buy one again...What I say small cars BIG scars

Last edited: