indoor/outdoor carpet?

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Are there brands that are hardier and more resistant to sunlight than the selections to be found at the big box stores? I have 2 x 6 bunk boards and side boards on my boat trailer. The last batch of indoor/outdoor carpet did not hold up. I think I got it at Home Depot.

greenbush future

Lieutenant Commander
Cabellas sells the bunk carpet, Bass Pro might too. in 1 foot wide dimensions. I used it once and never had any issues, I eventually sold the boat so I cant offer any duration questions past a few years use.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
or hit your local plastic place, pick up some reclaimed UHMW and cover your bunks in that (same as bunk slides, however 1/3 cost)

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
or hit your local plastic place, pick up some reclaimed UHMW and cover your bunks in that (same as bunk slides, however 1/3 cost)

Might be good stuff, Scott, but I have both 2 x 6 bunks and 2 x 6 side boards. I have currently used color coordinated indoor/outdoor carpet to cover them. I glued the carpet down and used monel staples to secure it. With very little use and very little exposure to the elements, the carpet has just rotted.

I stopped by West Marine to see what they had. They had some nice looking 'bunk' carpet that was ridiculously expensive. It also did not come in colors beyond grey, black and blue.