Wall mounted Samsung LED flat panel TV HDMI connection?

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
I bought a gift DVD BluRay unit for my SIL. I need to get a HDMI cable to hook it up. Will a cable with straight connectors work? I have not been able to see where the socket is on the TV. None of the links that show the TV show where these are.

I have seen some cable with near 90? connectors. If the TV is mounted flat against the wall a straight connector might not work. Any ideas. I have no experience with the newer flat panel TV's.

PiratePast40

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Wall mounted Samsung LED flat panel TV HDMI connection?

You'll need to look at the inlet connector you plan on using. Some are a side or bottom connections so a 90 isn't necessary. But you should also take a look at your mount. You may have plenty of room for a connector if there's enough offset. You'll hear plenty of arguments for and against the expensive gold plated cable ends. If you're not a super high tech guru, the cheaper ones will work just fine.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: Wall mounted Samsung LED flat panel TV HDMI connection?

You'll need to look at the inlet connector you plan on using. Some are a side or bottom connections so a 90 isn't necessary. But you should also take a look at your mount. You may have plenty of room for a connector if there's enough offset. You'll hear plenty of arguments for and against the expensive gold plated cable ends. If you're not a super high tech guru, the cheaper ones will work just fine.

Thanks near neighbor!