Forget everything you heard about prepaid cell phone service!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterinthefuel

Commander
Re: Forget everything you heard about prepaid cell phone service!!

As long as you stay under the data limits, you are fine.

There are no data limits. Using your ST phone as a hot spot is against the TOS and if they catch you they can terminate you.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

There are no data limits. Using your ST phone as a hot spot is against the TOS and if they catch you they can terminate you.
There are no data limits but once you hit 2.5GB it slows to an almost unusable crawl. I call that a limit. The TOS says no hotspot but if you are reasonable about it and don't use more than 100MB in any one day, they will leave you alone.

waterinthefuel

Commander

Straight Talk doesn't have access to ATT's so called 4G network anyway so you aren't missing anything even with a newer phone.

This is 100% not true. This guy has no idea what he's talking about. You can see from my screen shots, absolutely ST has access to ATT's 4G network. 3G surely doesn't give you 23mbps. I mean it even says "4GLTE" in top of that screen shot, yet he posts that Straight talk doesn't give you access to 4G.

Some people really don't know what they're talking about.

Last edited:

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral
????
Oh brother. It took you 3 months to come up with that zinger? :facepalm:
Feeling better now?

WIMUSKY

Staff member
There's absolutely no reason this Topic needed to be resurrected. It "appears" it was resurrected to be confrontational. This Topic will be closed in a heartbeat if it continues......

waterinthefuel

Commander
The guy follows me around the forum, and has for years, and makes stuff up. He was wrong on so many counts on this thread alone.

1. He said ST can't do 4G. The OP of this thread proved that wrong.
2. He said you are allowed to do tethering on ST. This is not true. While you might be able to get it to work, it is against the TOS.
3. He said they cut you off after 2.5GB. After being told no they don't, he said "well because they slow you down I CONSIDER IT A LIMIT. Well, you can consider it a catfish as far as I'm concerned, but they do NOT cut you off.

I have him blocked, so I didn't SEE his reply until today when I was browsing off-line. THAT'S why I replied today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.