frigidaire washer guru?

heyttown

Chief Petty Officer
I have a frigidaire affinity front load washer, model number ATF7000ESI, serial number xc6511608, 12/06 is im guessing manufactured date.

I will start the washer with the load of clothes in, having already added soap to the soap tray, I walked away once door lock came on and water started filling up. The washer shuts itself off shortly after I walked away. All lights on control panel go out and then it turns itself on,but wont run a cycle, like im getting ready to start a load again. It doesnt matter if I run in a normal load cycle or perm press or any other cycle setting, it will turn itself off within a couple minutes of starting the load. With all this going on, I have yet to receive any trouble codes or flashes on the screen. Any idea on what to look at? laundry is backing up. Pulling the power cord and letting it reset still leads to the same problem...
Thanks

foodfisher

Captain
Re: frigidaire washer guru?

Start saving your 25 cent pieces.:lol: Sorry I can't help. A reply usually gets the juices flowing. Have you interwebed your symptoms?

heyttown

Chief Petty Officer

Ive done a little surfing, with not much luck...I do have a thread going on a appliance repair site I found, but ive been coming to iboats for years for help on various problems and projects. Its almost instinct just to come here with my questions. Everything I have found online, points to the control board, but i cant really afford to point and guess what the problem is, replace the parts only to find out it wasnt it. Im currently unemployed so very limited budget and trying at all costs to avoid a repairman call/cost

kahuna123

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I cant speak for yours. But my GE did something similar. I had to remove the top and unplug the control boards and let them reset themselves. Unplugging the washer didn't do any good. That was 3 months ago still working great. Leave unplugged for a least a few minutes. I can't speak for yours but it worked for me. I found a site where repair men make extra money on the side answering these types of problems online. It cost me $20 bucks versus a $150 dollar control board. At this point it can't hurt.