Acrylic Kitchen Sinks- good or bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

frantically relaxing

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Acrylic Kitchen Sinks- good or bad?

Bringing this back one final time to thank everyone for the replies, and to show everyone the final outcome--

I really wanted to get the wife the Executive Chef sink, as it would be perfect (as noted :) )

I almost bought the "efficiency" version noted above. But I lost the lady's phone number! (I gave her ours but she never called)

I hit the local online ads again, and guess what I found! :happy:

A guy was moving and didn't have a chance to install his new sink, so he put it up for sale. I called him after he'd already moved out (from Salt Lake to Chicago), and the sink, still new, was just sitting in a box in the back yard. I told him I'd check it out, I did, and I picked it up--

newsink.jpg

-----------------

------ I looked up the part number on the bottom, this is the exact same sink for sale on Amazon:

sink2.jpg

-------------

-- I got it for $75.00 :)

SO, I got a brand new $1950 stove for $270, and a brand new $780 kitchen sink for $75--- Now if I can just find $3500 worth of new countertops for $500, I'd be set! (or, how about a brand new $100,000 boat for.... ok, probably asking for too much!)

LagunaBlue

Seaman Apprentice

I vote no on the acrylic as well. One of our rental properties had one installed when we bought it and it was crap. I think it lasted 2 years. We installed a composite sink and have no complaints.

frantically relaxing

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Final update--

The new $75 sink all installed:

newsink.jpg

And this our the new $268 JennAir stovetop! :)

newjennair.jpg

================

The sink, being an undercounter model is a bit different... the huge holes were too big for the faucet assembly-- which by the way is a Danze unit, highly recommended (by me and everyone else on the 'net!) -- for my work I keep black anodized aluminum on hand so I cut some 3" disks with the correct size holes in them for the top of the sink, and I made a one-piece backing plate for the underside. Looks and works nice! I still have to seal the sink rim and maybe figure out something to do with the edge, but neither me nor the wife is too worried about it. Our cabinets are the originals, nice genuine wood, only thing wrong with them is they could use a refinishing and new-style hinges, which is in the plans. Also in the plans are new countertops, so the sink will be installed "right" soon enough!

And yeah, the sink is "perfect"- that left sink basin is bloody freakin' HUGE! And the right basin holds what dishes we dirty up in a day...

foodfisher

Captain

Don't let the exposed sink edges start to rust in the between times.

ajgraz

Lieutenant Commander
^^^ And had the OP used an acrylic sink in this 4-year-old thread, you'd be just in time to sell him a new one!

Status
Not open for further replies.