Good quality oyster knife

Cofe

Lieutenant Commander
Lost my old oyster knife and am looking for a replacement. I would like some recommendations for a good easy to use knife that will last for years, and preferably have a stainless steel blade. Any suggestions are welcome.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Re: Good quality oyster knife

What are you calling an oyster knife? Around here they're $2.50 each at any fish house and will last you a lifetime

Cofe

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Good quality oyster knife

What are you calling an oyster knife? Around here they're $2.50 each at any fish house and will last you a lifetime

What I am calling a oyster knife is a strong sturdy short blade knife that is used to break open and remove the meat from an oyster. My old one had a blue neoprene handle with a blade made of high tensile steel that wouldn't break even on the toughest to crack oysters. I purchased the old one on the gulf coast years ago, at $15.00 My daughter is bringing back some fresh oysters next week, and my oyster knife is still hiding somewhere with the rest of my Easter eggs....You see, I can hide my own Easter eggs because I am getting at that age.:facepalm: