Foundation Paint

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Since paint has been a recent topic, what about the foundation? I caretake for a guy who wants the foundation on his house painted. Since it will be exposed to the elements, I/he wants a quality paint. I've heard about a vinyl enamel? It sounded like it was used for pools. The owner is willing to pay for a quality product. Any suggestions?

Thanks.......

rbh

Fleet Admiral
Re: Foundation Paint

Most foundations around here get a tar like paint to seal the concrete and were the metal snap straps are they get a thicker tar like glue to keep the water from migrating through the foundation.
whether it comes in any other colour than black, I do not know.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Hey Robby, thanks for the tip. You wouldn't have a link or a brand for that paint product? Not sure the owner would want a "tar" like substance tho. He's also looking for a dark brown or hunter green color. It's more for looks than sealing. Figure I could at least check it out....

Any other ideas, anyone?

Tempelton

Cadet

I have a masonry wall on the front of my house and we use Sherman Williams paint. If you head to one of there stores they should be able to direct you to the best paint and they have a large color selection.