How to post real size pictures!!! Step by Step with a free hosting site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ngt

Master Chief Petty Officer
I want to see the amazing fish you catch and this whole mini picture where the picture is as big as the attachment thumbnail isn't working for me.

Here's what you do...

You have an email address. You needed one to sign up for this site, so you have one.

Go to www.photobucket.com and register. It's free. You'll get a confirmation in your email and just follow whatever directions it gives you.

After registering, go to the site, log in, and hit the green rectangle at the top of the page that says "upload".

Another big green bar will pop up that says "Select Photos and Videos". Click that.

A little box comes up that is basically a path to get to everything on your computer.

At the top, there are 4 pictures. One is an arrow pointing to the left, one is a file folder with an arrow on it, one is a file folder with a red circle on it, and the last one to the right is a box with blue on the top and 6 squares in it. Click that last one and select "thumbnails". This will allow you to see the images that are on your camera's memory card and make it easier to find your picture of your fish.

It's the same as attaching a picture. You most likely will select "My Computer" on the left hand side of the window that opened for you to find your picture. Click on whatever "Letter" is for your memory card for your camera that you have plugged into your computer. My computer actually shows a picture of my memory card. Yours may say something like "removable disk" or something. Click that.

Sometimes it says "DCIM" or something like that. Click that and then click whatever it shows next that will take you to your pictures. If you click something that doesn't take you to your pictures, just looks back up at the 4 little pictures that helped you get to the thumbnail photos of all of your files and click the big green arrow pointing to the left. This will take you back to the last screen. If it worked for you and you are looking at little images of all of your photos, then great! Continue with the directions.

Find you picture and select it and hit open. You may want to turn off your volume on your computer, as the site now plays an commercial while you upload your photo.

After the blue bar gets across the screen or at 99% or something, click "save and go to my album".

There you will see your picture. run the mouse over it, but you don't have to click on it. When the mouse arrow is on it, it will highlight the picture and a box will appear under the picture. There are 4 things in this box.

1: Email & IM
2: Direct Link
3: HTML code
4: IMG code

You want to click on #4 at the bottom. When you click the mouse on the writing in the rectangle next to the words "IMG code" which would look something like this:........ http://img.ph......... When you click on that writing, it will say "copied" in place of that writing.

Then go to your post and hold down the "control key" on your keyboard (Ctrl) that should be somewhere by the shift key. Hold down the (Ctrl) button and press the letter "V". This will paste the IMG code you copied from photobucket into your post. It will come up as a nice big picture for all to see.

If you don't want to do the "Ctrl key and V", you can always right click the mouse and hit "paste".

I hope this helps anyone who's tired of catching awesome fish and not really being able to show them off properly. :D

It may look like a lot now, but once you get the hang of it, it will be great and easy!

EDIT:

If you want to resize your picture, that's easy too.

When you have uploaded the picture into your album, click on the thumbnail. You will go to another page to view it full size. Drag the mouse arrow over the picture and a bunch of tabs will appear at the top of the picture. One says "resize". Drag the mouse over that and you can resize it to many different sizes, including 640x480

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral
Re: How to post real size pictures!!! Step by Step with a free hosting site.

That works for the tin boat guys... but it's just too complicated for the fiberglass boat guys to comprehend. Has anyone else noticed this?

ngt

seriously? I tried to make it as simple as possible. If you follow the directions, it should be step by step. Did you read these directions? What part don't you understand?

I just think it's a shame for people to want to show off their cool fish and they can only post a picture the size of a business card.

aspeck

Staff member

That works for the tin boat guys... but it's just too complicated for the fiberglass boat guys to comprehend. Has anyone else noticed this?

I was thinking just the opposite ... too complicated for the tinnies to understand ... just ask oops!, he will tell ya! :D

ngt

If you aren't scared of catching giant fish out of the powerful ocean, how can you be scared of trying to learn something useful on your computer when someone gives you STEP BY STEP instructions? :p

We need to work together to stop this:

Here, look at my awesome fish I caught!!!!

redfish.jpg

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Thanks, ngt. The only thing I didn't see was re-sizing pics to 640X480. The Big Fish (mods) frown on posting life size pics.

From one of the those Tin Heads.

tpenfield

Staff member

I actually noticed a while back that the only photos that were coming up in full size were the ones from photobucket.com . . .

. . . and I thought to myself, oh boy, another web thing to sign up for . . .

So, I assume that is what you have to do, if I want full size photos. I wonder if there is a way (i.e. trick) to get the ones you directly upload to show in full size as well?

toneeees

Administrator

wallpaper.jpg

If you attach the image, or add a picture to your post it shouldn't re size it. Ya it might show smaller on the post itself, but it should be clickable and when it opens in a new window, it should be normal size.

They're thumbnails on the forum for a reason, having large images means longer load times. It will also make the design go all crazy if the image is wayyyy to big!

I attached two examples. One using the "Insert Image" above the text entry box, and then one using the "Manage Attachments" below the text entry box. Both show a clickable thumbnail.

Attachments

• 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 0

Don S

To add to toneeees info, on his first picture, when you click on it, it will open in it's own window, click the picture again, and it opens in browser, if you hold your cursor over it, you will see a magnifying glass with a + in it, which means you can see even a larger picture, just click it again.

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

seriously? I tried to make it as simple as possible. If you follow the directions, it should be step by step. Did you read these directions? What part don't you understand?

I just think it's a shame for people to want to show off their cool fish and they can only post a picture the size of a business card.

You need to take a look in the freshwater fishing section at some of my reports... I've only been using photobucket for about a decade.

... and yes, I own a tin boat!!! and it doesn't have any sharp edges that might cut me, and I don't get all itchy just looking at it either!

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

Why should I have to click 20 times to set up and upload pics, then click 5-10 times to insert the pic into the message when the reader of the blog only has to click once to open and view it if you leave it as a thumbnail?

ngt

lol, not everyone blogs or wants to be redirected to your site. You only have to set up the account once. Also, your pictures stay on the site. I have pictures on photobucket that have been there for years. If I ever need to pull up an old picture of something, it's a few (3-4) clicks away. Also, and most likely the biggest reason to do it, is that not all websites allow the uploading of photos and you'll need an off site host to post pictures. It also hosts videos. Maybe you find something online that you want to save or repost that the other site will not allow, you can toss it on your photobucket account and put it anywhere you want.

like this:

CopyofAlexSmithSucks.gif

or this:

bigshark.jpg

or this:

huntingjoke.jpg

:D

ngt

Thanks, ngt. The only thing I didn't see was re-sizing pics to 640X480. The Big Fish (mods) frown on posting life size pics.

From one of the those Tin Heads.

No problem. It's easy. When you have uploaded the picture into your album, click on the thumbnail. You will go to another page to view it full size. Drag the mouse arrow over the picture and a bunch of tabs will appear at the top of the picture. One says "resize". Drag the mouse over that and you can resize it to many different sizes, including 640x480 :)

GA_Boater

When you have uploaded the picture into your album, click on the thumbnail. You will go to another page to view it full size. Drag the mouse arrow over the picture and a bunch of tabs at the top of the picture will appear. One says "resize". Drag the mouse over that and you can resize it to 5-6 different sizes, including 640x480 :)

I guess I wasn't clear. That's what I do, as well. I just thought it was one thing to complete your tutorial. Pic posting can be problematic here at times.

BTW - love the "duck" hunter. LOL

ngt

I guess I wasn't clear. That's what I do, as well. I just thought it was one thing to complete your tutorial. Pic posting can be problematic here at times.

BTW - love the "duck" hunter. LOL

Oh ok, sorry. I'll toss that up into the first post. Thanks for the input :D

And yeah, the "duck" hunter gets me going every time. One of those pictures I saw online knew I would post somewhere else sometime down the road.

Don S

This thread has now been added to the Posting pictures sticky at the top of this forum.

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,... The new updated version of photobucket postin',...

Thank you woodonglass
Woodonglass said:
Photobucket has changed so I've updated the instructions on how to upload pics to iBoats from it. If you think it's a good idea, please update the sticky at the top of the forum with this new instructional information.

PostingPicstoiBoats1.jpg

PostingPicstoiBoats2.jpg

PostingPicstoiBoats3.jpg

PostingPicstoiBoats4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.