Mercury Service Manual 17 PDF - How To Find & Print Specific Pages Or Sections?

Dangit

Seaman Apprentice
I have downloaded Mercury Service Manual 17. I can't figure out how to print specific sections or pages without manually scrolling all the way thru the PDF pages to first find and locate specific pages. If I try to print a section from the index or table of contents I am not successful. I do not see any numerically sequenced page numbers on the PDF pages. There are 967 pages in this manual. What am I not doing correctly?

Thank you.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Mercury Service Manual 17 PDF - How To Find & Print Specific Pages Or Sections?

Re: Mercury Service Manual 17 PDF - How To Find & Print Specific Pages Or Sections?

Open the file in Adobe reader and hit the F1 key. There is a whole section on printing .pdf files.

This is a long way from being an I/O question, moving to Non Boating Technical Topics.

Dangit

Seaman Apprentice

Open the file in Adobe reader and hit the F1 key. There is a whole section on printing .pdf files.

This is a long way from being an I/O question, moving to Non Boating Technical Topics.

Don,

Thanks for the help.

I did an F1 Adobe Pdf entry but the info there does not answer my question about how to find and/or print a page or series of pages from the Manual's Table of Contents. For example how do I get from the Table of Contents page that indicates the manual information I want is located in Section 5A page2 (5A-2) which is the actual content page?

This is all I can find on the F1 Adobe page regarding printing:

"Printing

Why can't I print my document?
If you receive a password-protected PDF, enter the designated password to print the document. Some protected documents have restrictions that prevent you from printing, editing, or copying content in the document. If a document has restrictions on printing, contact the author.

How can I print a large-format PDF?
For documents that are larger than the standard page size, go to File > Page Setup. Create a custom page size before you print your document."

Could it be that I want to do something that is not possible with the Mercury Service Manual Adobe file?

Solittle

Fleet Admiral

Yep - Don't think Adobe has a search function.

Slightly off subject but if you have Windows 7 the Snipping Tool is great for selective printing.