• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walnuts verse Spiders

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walnuts verse Spiders

Has any one herd that if you put walnuts in your windows and any were that spiders can come in it will deter them from coming in. I herd this from some guys at work. The way thay said it,it sounded credible. Apparently the oil in the nut is what thay don't like.
    Canada more square miles of awesomeness per person than any other country on earth.

Re: Walnuts verse Spiders

Retired.....bored...Shotgun...BOOM...keeps the 2 legged riff-away too....'nother piece of redneck plastic..wait fer the next..

Kidding, ..try a galllon of perimeter spary..any H+G store..

Comment

We have done that with the spray. What do you think wives tail or truth?
      Canada more square miles of awesomeness per person than any other country on earth.

Comment

Never heard of walnuts, but hedge apples work real well. I put several on the sill board around my foundation in my basement. I first thought people were just yakking about it working,,,,,but they do work. Been cob web free for the last several years since finding out the truth on the hedge apples. Just make sure they are sitting in an old pie tin. They tend to rot and get messy after a few months. Not much of an oder either. Good luck.......SS
        BEER........Helping ugly people find true Love since 1862

Comment

Now is that black walnuts or english walnuts? Either way I don't think it works, now fox urine around the house will help keep out mice!

Comment

How does one go about collecting fox urine? We have quite a few running around here, but they won't let me get near with a mason jar.

Comment

I've heard that hedge apples work too but around here we call them Osage Oranges.

Comment

Byacey, go to a sporting good store. Hunters usually use fox/coon urine for scent cover.
                1975 Cobia Tradewinds SS-170
                Close Bow 17 Footer V-Hull
                1975 Evinrude 70573-B 70HP

1968 Babcock
                Bow Rider 15 Footer Thrihull
                1968 Mercury 500 50 HP

Yes, I could google it, but I rather get advise from my Iboats fellow members...

Comment

Thanks for the tip Nandy. Even if they let me get close with the jar, it's still difficult to get them to piss into it!!

Comment

Originally posted by byacey View Post
                    How does one go about collecting fox urine? We have quite a few running around here, but they won't let me get near with a mason jar.

Comment

be sure those are 4 legged foxes

I bought mine @ bass pro

Comment

I think you guys are just making fun of me now. My cousin tried to collect some skunk fat once because someone told him it was a good salve for skin burns and other afflictions. I don't want a similar incident happening to me!!

Comment

Set the jar beside the house and tack up a news paper to the wall. If he's got something to read he's more inclined to use the jar.
                          Crosby Sled, '69 Evinrude 33HP Ski-Twin [Restoration Thread]

Comment

I think you guys are just making fun of me now. My cousin tried to collect some skunk fat once because someone told him it was a good salve for skin burns and other afflictions. I don't want a similar incident happening to me!!
                            I dont know about skunk fat, but snake oil is used in my country for a number of ailments. I kid you not. Im serious.
                            1975 Cobia Tradewinds SS-170
                            Close Bow 17 Footer V-Hull
                            1975 Evinrude 70573-B 70HP

1968 Babcock
                            Bow Rider 15 Footer Thrihull
                            1968 Mercury 500 50 HP

Yes, I could google it, but I rather get advise from my Iboats fellow members...

Comment

It's a wonder i survived childhood. Clorox, kerosene, chewing tobacco, and occasionally diesel fuel cured everything.
                              Crosby Sled, '69 Evinrude 33HP Ski-Twin [Restoration Thread]

Comment

Working...
                              X