Magellan Map410

steamboatwilly

Petty Officer 1st Class
My friend brought it to work today and wanted me to check it out.It has a map on the screen.I cant get it to do anything.Is it worth sending to Magellan for repairs or should it just be throwed away?

Xcusme

Commander
Re: Magellan Map410

Throw it away??? Nope, throw it MY way!<br /><br />Have you looked at this??<br /><br /> Manual

steamboatwilly

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks,Xcusme. I cant get the site to come up right now,but I will keep trying.

Xcusme

Commander

James,<br />The link I posted above will d/l a pdf file directly into your machine. You will have to click on File,Save to have it saved to your hard drive for future reference.<br /><br />Here's the link to the site.... Main Site<br /><br />On the main site, click on the search button (upper right) and type in 410 (for your model number)<br />This should take you to links that will allow you to d/l the manual.....<br /><br />BTW, the delay you may have experienced was due to the loading of the PDF file in my first post.

steamboatwilly

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks again,Xcusme. I got it this time,With your fine directions.Theyre saying it is a very good one.I might send it to them.Im on their board.They returned my e-mail last night.Ive not had time to read it. Thanks.

Rock Hall

Petty Officer 1st Class

I guess this is a GPS unit you are talking about. Sometimes my receiver wont inititalize indoors on a cloudy day. Sat sigs just arent strong enough.

steamboatwilly

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks a lot,, Rock Hall. Sorry to have bothered you all with this.I found the problem Sunday.She bought it in 99,in New Mexico.She couldnt get it to work,so she put it in a drawer and got it out for me to show her how to use it.I took it apart.Guess what.It was empty.Zero.Nothing but the hull.Four-hundred bucks for a empty hull....She also got lighting-struck when she was four..I try not to get very close to her..Thanks..