• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • ALL iboats Forum Members and Guests:
    To show our appreciation for your participation in the Forums, we're offering an exclusive Forums-only discount good for an additional 5% off your iboats.com order for a limited time.
    To redeem, simply call our Customer Service Team at 800-914-1123 (Open M-F, 9am - 8pm Eastern Time) and mention the Forums 5% off discount. Offer excludes engines, trolling motors, and electronics.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

95 chevy blazer hard starting

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 chevy blazer hard starting

recently my blazer is really hard to start. It cranks and cranks. Usually if I crank it for a few seconds and let it sit for a few seconds it will start. What can cause this? The engine light hasnt come on and it seems like it runs fine after it starts. I dont know where to start with it. thanks for any input.

Re: 95 chevy blazer hard starting

Formula 1974 What motor is in your Blazer is it a S-10 or full size. Answer this and i will try to help from my memory cells on Chevy problems. ASE MASTER TECH. Rick

Comment

its the s-10 blazer with the 4.3 v-6. I recently had a rich running condition that turned out to be the single fuel injector inside the intake im sure you know what im talking about (stupid design if I ever saw one.) and it acted kindof like this is now but now its not running rich. Thanks a lot.

Comment

Check fuel pump preasure, sounds like the pump might be getting weak.

Comment

change fuel filter and do a pressure test if memory serves me correctly should be around 65 psi if they drop below around 62-63 they wont run right if at all. you are correct the injector idea in the W code engine is a bad deal.
          ASE MASTER AUTOMOTIVE AND MEDIUM/HEAVY TRUCK TECHNICIAN
          MASTER EMERGENCY VEHICLE TECHNICIAN
          AVID TOOL COLLECTOR and USER

Comment

Formula 1974. The other problem that goes with the CSfI injector' Is th Rubber isolator that goes between fuel pump and pump hanger they tend to split internally when exposed to Alcohol GM has a new out that is made from a Vitavon material that isn't alcohol sensitive. On all of the 4.3's we have changed CSFI injectors on the next repair has been Pump and isolator. Pump is probably ok but you have to pull it to change isolator so be safe and change it too. RickASE Master Tech

Comment

I put a new fuel pump and sock on about 3 months ago. I didnt change the filter though I probably should have. the pump went while my wife was driving. man what a pain it is to get that phone call.

Comment

ALWAYS change the filter when changing a fuel pump.the fuel pressure on these engines is critical. richard is right about the isolator leaking have done a bunch of them.

Comment

I will pick up a filter today. dumb question what does the isolator do? im not sure what that is.

Comment

it connects the electric fuel pump to the sending unit

Comment

does a new one come with the pump? Is it the rubber boot that goes onto the pump? Thanks

Comment

it should they are usually just a small piece of rubber hose if you replace the pump get a delco I have had the best luck with them

Comment

I put an ac delco on about 3 months ago seems like it works great.

Comment

ok problem still here. new symptom though. when it doesnt wanna start and its been sitting for awhile if I hold the pedal to the floor the first time I crank it then stop and let go and crank it again it fires right up. Isnt this a sign of it being flooded? It happened today at an exxon station and a mechanic came out to see if he could help. He said to check the control module and pickup coil but it doesnt seem to me like its a spark problem as soon as I start to crank it it smells like its flooded. im leaning toward that fuel injector is leaking down and causing it to flood again. If I get a day off anytime soon I will try to pull the upper intake off and see what I can see. Does it sound like im on the right track at all??? thanks

Comment

YEAH

Comment

Working...
                              X