computer problem??

82rude

Rear Admiral
As noted in a couple of other posts I downloaded win 10 home directly from m.s. for free yesterday.Now for the problem or issue.Everytime I boot up the laptop it only boots partway then stops.I have to shut off the comp then redo.Everytime so far .On second reboot alls fine.What gives?Win 10 runs great once going and I like it so far.

southkogs

Staff member
Have you run any of the updates? You might have some kind of conflict going on.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Took off a ie program and turned on my hard drive wizard,seems to boot ok now.New 1 tb Seagate hybrid drive .

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Check for updates, there may be more pending.

Another thing is after installing W10, it seemed it took a while before the hardware was all recognized properly - Especially on my older machines.

bassman284

Commander
I loaded Win10 in 2015. Computer is new enough that it came with Win8. Only problem I had was that it would not recognize my HP 2050 printer. I downloaded a new driver, ran the HP troubleshoot several times and finally gave up and bought a new HP 2130. Something was going on but I never figured out what.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Seems to work better but if I have anymore issues will call free micro help and ask.Once I'm actually on win 10 its great even though my latitude 5420 is fairly elderly.Have a new hybrid Seagate 1 tb harddrive in her also.