automatic garage door opener opens both doors!

massimofinance

Chief Petty Officer
One is a chamberlain and one is an old craftsman. the craftsman opens when I hit the button for the chamberlain. on the back, there is a yellow learn button that doesnt seem to work to either re program it to another button or to clear it out so it doesnt work with any remote. I hold the button down and the light doesnt go out. If I disconnect it from power, will it forget it was programmed to that button? I dont see dip switches. thanks

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Same problem. Same manufacturers a couple of years ago.

Pull the batteries and power, if appropriate, on the remotes and unug the craftsmen. Now try to program the remote for the
chamberlain.

In my case the emitter on the chamberline wasn?t working. Hard reset fixed the problem

massimofinance

Chief Petty Officer
the hard reset for the chamberlain and unplugging the craftsman didnt fix it. FYI. frustrating lol...

alldodge

Staff member
According to the manual you need to change the dip switches on both the remote and unit. See attached

Attachments

• 41A3493-1.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

massimofinance

Chief Petty Officer
Thanks for researching that for me All Dodge! the problem is I dont have the original remote. I tried to program one of the three Chamberlain buttons to this door and now all three buttons operate it. I will leave it unplugged for a week to see if that kills its internal memory...

Stingrayaxe

Seaman
Full disclosure...i work for Chamberlain and we make the Craftsman openers too. The number you quoted is the part number for the logic board. A craftsman model number starts with 139.XXXXX. Could be a 4,5or6 digit number following the 139. Having that number and the model number of the Chamberlain unit would help. What you can try is clearing both units and reprogramming. To clear the unit you hold the learn button down until the LED light next to it goes out. About 7 -12 seconds. Then press the learn button again and release. The LED light would come on. Press one of the buttons on your transmitter. The light bulbs on your opener will flash. It is now programmed and you can test it. Repeat for the other unit. This should resolve your problem.

massimofinance

Chief Petty Officer
thanks Stingrayaxe- when I press the yellow button on the craftsman unit, the light never goes out until about ten seconds after I let it go. Have tried to hold it down a minute and no dice.

Stingrayaxe

Seaman
Whats the model number of the Craftsman? We made two different series of openers with yellow learn buttons. It's what we are using right now and have been for about 4-5 years. They other one was from about 1992-93. Which one do you have? Based on your comment above I'm guessing the older one. I'm also guessing you Chamberlain unit also has a round yellow learn button and it is fairly new.

massimofinance

Chief Petty Officer
Thank you Stingray. Here are pictures of the Craftsman unit. Model number 41A3493-1. The Chamberlain is newer and works fine and has a round yellow button next to rubber arrow buttons. I read on another forum my board might be fried; at this point, I would just like to disconnect the antenna so it doesn't open with the other remote, but only opens with the wall switch until I can replace it. Is that easy to do?

Attachments

• IMG_2273.JPG
    IMG_2273.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2272.JPG
    IMG_2272.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2274.PNG
    IMG_2274.PNG
    92 KB · Views: 0

Stingrayaxe

Seaman
Massillon, Call our Tech support. 800-528-2806. Explain the situation just like you did here. Get the Model number from the Craftsman. It will be where the light bulb is. Look for a 139.XXXXX number. This is a very rare but known issue. If you are not extremely happy with the outcome please report back here. Send me a PM if you want. I apologize in advance if the hold times are long. They will want you to in your garage when you call.
We will resolve this to your satisfaction.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Does anyone else find this awesome...customized help line garage door support on a boat forum...I love boaters!!!!Some of the best "folks as good as the people's " type folks....

massimofinance

Chief Petty Officer
jakedaawg you are so right! I called Sears last night and they are helping me, despite my operator being old as dirt! Love iboats!!! THX AGAIN STINGRAYAXE!

massimofinance

Chief Petty Officer
Sears is awesome... the elevated technical support called me and told me they couldn't fix my issue and its a security concern because anyone driving by could open my door, so they are sending me a brand new opener, two remotes, and the keypad for free! Cant believe it, Stingrayaxe, thanks again for the advice, love the iboats community!!!