coleman lanterns

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner
I would do the same.

There's nothing cost effective about any of the pressure kerosene lamps and stoves......Only worth it If you could find one used for cheap, they work really well.

They're all over eBay and Amazon used and new.

https://www.amazon.com/BriteLyt-Petromax-USA-500CP-XL/dp/B00J0ECCZS
https://www.amazon.com/Butterfly-Kerosene-Brass-Pressure-Stove/dp/B006X1N26E
And, kero (Jet-A) is essentially not much more expensive than gasoline (as long as don't buy it at a retail store by the 1 gallon or 5 gallon can)

But you're right. The new and used dual fuel gasoline type lanterns are there too for a lot less.

Interesting though, Evidently, Coleman has (or HAD) a Pressure Kero lantern same price as the dual fuel model.....
https://www.coleman.com/1-mantle-kerosene-lantern-rounded-globe/3000001138.html [says not available now though]

82rude

Rear Admiral
Where i am theres no option to buy anywheres but retail at 14 to 21 a gallon for kero!Even in sault michigan its stupid.I will find a dually and pay 2.30 a gallon .My coleman now is a special edition 1995 so im not fooling with that one.

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner
Where i am theres no option to buy anywheres but retail at 14 to 21 a gallon for kero!Even in sault michigan its stupid.I will find a dually and pay 2.30 a gallon .My coleman now is a special edition 1995 so im not fooling with that one.

I too spent about $10 for a gallon of K1 at Home Depot!

I didn't have any Kero at all when I got my cool Austramax and wanted to try it.....I also have 2 Aladdin "oil" lamps + a couple of "hurricane" lamps (I now have 20 gallons of JetA that I paid about $3.25 /gal for a couple of years ago.)

Guess I didn't see where you're located.....but near Sault Ste Marie..........

Luce County Airport
Newberry, MI Jet A $3.25/gal Self service

Sault Ste Marie Municipal Airport/Sanderson Field Sault Ste Marie, MI $4.50/gal

Chippewa County International Airport Sault Ste Marie, MI $3.75/gal

Mackinac County Airport St Ignace, MI $3.50/gal

Chapleau Airport, ON JetA $1.54CN /Liter

Elliot Lake Municipal Airport, ON $1.56CN /Liter

You would just need to tell them it's for your old surplus gas turbine generator and you only need 10 gallons or so......

The smaller NON tower, NON-commercial airports are MUCH more accommodating. And I don't know what someone will say at a Canadian airport.

Most of them are self service so you just need to ask the Fixed Base Operator (FBO) people if they help you get it.

Just about all the airports now have locked gates. So you cannot just waltz right in ..........but if you go to their retail storefront and explain why you want the fuel (small gas turbine generator is best) they're usually very happy to oblige! (AND DON'T FORGET THE "WIDE-MOUTH container or a suitable funnel for the huge nozzle)

I know your original post was about reg gas for a gas lantern.

But there's a LOT of people out there that have K1 lanterns, stoves and bullet-heaters, radiant heaters etc that run on Kero. This is a good alternative for them, and you if you have anything else that runs on Kero.

Sorry for the hijack.