No hot water in ONE bathroom all else well

ezbtr

Commander
plumbers, I have one bathroom upstairs that gets no hot water from sink, water flows, but cold, shower in there and all other sinks/faucets showers fine wtf??? Son says he never even tried. Played w/ hot water heater, no luck

ezbtr

Commander
was my sons bathroom, honestly we never checked, been here 5 yrs

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
If it never worked, then it was most likely plumbed wrong, which happens.

If it did work at one time, then it may have a temp limiter that stopped working.

You aren't giving us many details to go on.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Probably have a hot water line caked with minerals, I have to replace the hot water lines in both bathrooms about every six years here.

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
If it was plugged it wouldn't flow any water. It sounds like it currently flows cold water.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
If it was plugged it wouldn't flow any water. It sounds like it currently flows cold water.

Not always, I had one caked a couple of years ago, that let cold in but not enough hot so it always felt cold. Another thing that I have seen minerals do, is stop the Diverter valve from working properly in the faucet, when you spend over 2 decades living off mineral laden well water, you will see all kinds of weird things happen LOL

bigdee

Commander
Not always, I had one caked a couple of years ago, that let cold in but not enough hot so it always felt cold. Another thing that I have seen minerals do, is stop the Diverter valve from working properly in the faucet, when you spend over 2 decades living off mineral laden well water, you will see all kinds of weird things happen LOL
Yes I have seen this with single lever faucets that allow some cold water to mix with the hot. Also some have an adjustable mix limiter (anti-scald) which could be set wrong.

foodfisher

Captain
Maybe run the cold long enough for the hot to reach the sink, then switch supply lines at the valves.

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
Can the lines be reversed? Run the cold and see it it produces hot water.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
If you determine that the lines to the faucet are hooked up correctly, I would disconnect the hot line, at the wall, get a 3/8' compression nut and ferrule and a length of bulk 3/8" tubing and run it in to a bucket. Turn on the hot wall stop faucet and see if it runs hot water. If not, that hot valve is likely tied into a cold water line somewhere inside the wall. If it runs hot, then you have a problem with your single handle sink faucet.

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral
Is there another sink on the other side of a common wall?
Would make a misconnection more likely.

Does the sink have its own shutoff valves? If so, shut off the cold and run the hot for a couple of minutes and see what happens. If nothing obvious, shut off the cold and see what happens.