Flat Screen TV Wall Mount?

minuteman62-64

Lieutenant
We're looking to replace our 20 year old TV. Ideal would be a 70". Because of space constraints and optimum viewing angles we would need a wall mount that would allow the 70" TV to swing to a minimum angle of 42 degrees to the wall.

​Difficult to determine from wall mount specs/descriptions if any would provide this degree of swing. Anybody have any experience with wall mounts in this situation?

​One workable mount would put a hinge at one edge of the TV so it would swing out from the wall. Haven't seen any wall mounts of this type - anybody seen one?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Google "swivel tv wall mount". Plenty of them are out there and WallyWorld has a 180 degree swivel for up to 84 inchers.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Also, look on the big auction site, I have bought last couple of them on there and got them for way less than what the local stores wanted for them and they have a lot more variety to fit particular situations that I have not seen in the local stores.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
I've gots me a wally world visio and a wally wold oscillating. I ain't no protractor user so cant give you angles but when one side is flat against wall, and not angled down, it is off the wall on the opposite side 32" . Same issue here - need a good angle for when I'm cooking then one for couch in the living room. Consider the down angle when purchasing.

sangerwaker

Commander

ericga

Petty Officer 1st Class
As mentioned above, monoprice has a great selection of mounts for reasonable prices.

More related to boats, I got one of those slide in slide out quick release bracket for smaller tv. I can now easily remove it when it's not needed.

Ergotron Quick Release LCD Bracket 60-589-060