Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Store Links Mobile - Shop Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making a 911 Call through Chevrolet MyLink ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making a 911 Call through Chevrolet MyLink ??

Was on the highway yesterday and saw a motorcyclist acting so recklessly that I tried to call 911 using the hands-free bluetooth connection in the car. Hit the button to make a call, and when prompted for a name or number to call, I responded "9-1-1".

The 'voice' didn't recognize the request and I couldn't get a call through. Tried 3 times. That was disturbing- what if I was trying to call for emergency help?

Is '911' something I need to enter into in the contacts list on my cellphone? Does anybody know?
    John and Linda
    Long Island, NY
    Escapade III
    1992 Carver 26 Command Bridge
    Twin Merc Alpha 4.3 'Gen +'

Check your manual, but I believe you have to say "Call 911".
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_270443_1499813187632_202[/ATTACH]

Comment

With MyLink it's a 2 step process. First you're prompted for a command- in this case, "Call" Then, you're asked for a phone book name, number, etc. At that point, I said "9 1 1"

My wife's Ford, with their SYNC app, is easier. When you're prompted for a command you can just say 'Call Joe Blow' or whatever. She hasn't tried 911.
      John and Linda
      Long Island, NY
      Escapade III

Comment

I went to the manual and found it. Duh. For anyone else with this system...

Press the call button on the steering wheel. When prompted for a command, wait for the tone and say "Call" or "Dial". When prompted for the contact name, number, etc., wait for the tone and say the numbers "9 1 1". After a few seconds, you'll hear the tone one more time. Now say the word "Dial" and it will make the call.

I tried it with "4 1 1" and it worked fine.

(I also added 911 to my phone's contact list under the name "Emergency". That oughta work, too)
        Last edited by JoLin; August 22nd, 2017, 03:07 PM.
        John and Linda
        Long Island, NY
        Escapade III

Comment

Working...
        X