Hydrohoist tube repair

alldodge

Staff member
Guy at my dock had someone use his slip while he was out and drafted more water then he does. Don't know who it was, they probably just used the slip because everything at the marina was full, or may have backed into it.

Appears the boats skeg cut one of the tubes slightly, kind of a deep scratch. This is the newer polyethylene tanks so trying to figure out the best and easiest method of repair. Figuring it needs to have all the weight off it, otherwise air will keep pushing out. He tried some JB Weld but I'm thinking more of the welding method, or some how get to the inside and put some kind of a pool patch kind of thing

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Flex Seal tape as seen on tv!

Actually that is not a bad idea, I keep a couple of rolls as well as a couple of the liquid spray cans around all the time, believe it or not, it does work really good for some things..

alldodge

Staff member
Ahhh no, the tubes are under a lot of air pressure. This might be a possibility if it could be put on the inside of the tank. Wonder how well it would stay adhered to plastic. I'm leaning toward welding it up. Should work being HDPE