Inverter question

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
Sure can! Finally got it all wired up; and finally got a chance to try it yesterday in between our rain storms. (People South of us are catching it!) It worked perfect! I hooked that pole saw up and used about it 15 minutes and did not have any problems. The inverter showed putting out 12.7 volts; and the saw drawing 7.2 amps. Haven't tried anything else yet (chainsaw; weedeater; etc.; but it looks like it is perfect for my needs. The only problems I had was find a waterproof location for the inverter; and running the No.2 wire the shortest distance to the batteries. For a little over $100 invested; I'm am happy!

bigdee

Commander
Sure can! Finally got it all wired up; and finally got a chance to try it yesterday in between our rain storms. (People South of us are catching it!) It worked perfect! I hooked that pole saw up and used about it 15 minutes and did not have any problems. The inverter showed putting out 12.7 volts; and the saw drawing 7.2 amps. Haven't tried anything else yet (chainsaw; weedeater; etc.; but it looks like it is perfect for my needs. The only problems I had was find a waterproof location for the inverter; and running the No.2 wire the shortest distance to the batteries. For a little over $100 invested; I'm am happy!

Glad it worked out for you. Mine came in handy this weekend after a storm filled my pontoon full of leaves and debris. I was able to use the boat battery and inverter to run my leaf blower since there is no electrical power at my dock.

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
It is amazing how handy that has become. The rain missed us today; got a chance to play with it some more. Got rid of some limbs over the driveway; and first time trimming a tree out by the road. I can't imagine stretching that much extension cord.