Motorized bicycles?

JoLin

Vice Admiral
Are you still using the bike? How's it working out? My next-door neighbor cop friend says I'd probably never be hassled about it if I stayed off the main roads, so I'm still kicking it around- I guess it's just the Clyde Barrow in me that won't let go of the idea :facepalm:

bigdee

Commander
Are you still using the bike? How's it working out? My next-door neighbor cop friend says I'd probably never be hassled about it if I stayed off the main roads, so I'm still kicking it around- I guess it's just the Clyde Barrow in me that won't let go of the idea :facepalm:

Still riding it. Have only logged a little over 120 miles on it but it runs and rides very well. Cruises comfortably at 22 mph and will top out close to 30. The more I ride it the smoother and faster it gets. No issues except chain tension had to be adjusted twice but it has settled in and haven't had to adjust lately. It is FUN to ride.

JoLin

Vice Admiral
Glad to hear you're having fun! Thanks for the update.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Why couldnt you use a small 4 stroke motor such as used on weedwackers and now in chainsaws?JoLin a 4 stroke motor would cut down on noise and maybe not even give the N.Y.P.D. Aa reason to even look at you,lol.

JoLin

Vice Admiral
4-stroke garden tools aren't as common as 2-stroke, and I'd st1ll need to build a kit around it. I can buy a complete 4-stroke kit, too. I'm still kicking it around. Thanks for the idea.

bigdee

Commander
Why couldnt you use a small 4 stroke motor such as used on weedwackers and now in chainsaws?JoLin a 4 stroke motor would cut down on noise and maybe not even give the N.Y.P.D. Aa reason to even look at you,lol.

There is no way you could build one from scratch for less than a complete kit costs. For around $100 for a 49cc tinker toy. Plenty of you tube videos to see those kits...thats what got me hooked. I built one from scratch when I was a teenager 53 years ago,it was crude compared to the kit.

dolluper

Captain
Most around here use them noise weedWacker motors less hp 42 is more like a chain saw to much for a bicycle

greekfreek

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Darn someone beat me to it. Was looking at the kits on Ebay before I went on vacation. Thanks for reminding me...Nice