Mouse in Mustang

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
All good suggestions particularly the only good mouse is a dead mouse.When i buy a older car im buying a cougar because we all know cats kill mice.

Well since I am in my 60's that would make a Cougar in her 80's or 90's .............. I will pass :) it would be hard to explain to the wife!

Yeah mice are sneaky and tiny and any passage as big as a dime is enough for them.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Well since I am in my 60's that would make a Cougar in her 80's or 90's .............. I will pass :) it would be hard to explain to the wife!

Yeah mice are sneaky and tiny and any passage as big as a dime is enough for them.

Thanks for the chuckle, Bob...... :)

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
By the title of the thread I thought it was about swapping a small block chevy into a mustang.

robert graham

Admiral
Any update on the critter eradication efforts ??

Well, as mentioned, I removed everything out of the car, trunk, etc.....then added chunks of Irish Spring soap and fabric softener sheets under seats, in trunk.....well over a week now and no signs at all of mouse....guess he moved on to another home that smelled more "mousie".....hope he stays gone!!!

jsparks747

Petty Officer 3rd Class
A good old fashioned spring trap with a bit of crunchy peanut butter works great. Check your wiring after it is out though. Mice and rats love to munch on wire insulation.

robert graham

Admiral
A good old fashioned spring trap with a bit of crunchy peanut butter works great. Check your wiring after it is out though. Mice and rats love to munch on wire insulation.
Yep, the little bugger had chewed on my jumper cables in the trunk....we drove the car to the mountains Saturday and no signs of mouse....

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Irish spring soap shaved into paper bowls all over the car and glue traps with a dab of peanut butter in the middle

I second the Irish Spring, plus it is recyclable. I don't want to trap them, then they decompose and stink to high Heaven. I store my boat in a rural warehouse or shrink wrapped on the property which is woodlands. Never had a mouse problem in the boat. The Harley once in a sealed heated garage, yes, inside the home too but not the boat. I do use mothballs and dryer sheets. Which one does the work I don't know so I do all 3. If the car smells it will go away eventually because only a dead mouse smells. I have seen mice fit through a crack you can't get a pencil head in. I watched mice for 30 years on shifts in he Steel Plant.