Just got an Amazon FireStick with....

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
......the KODI app on it. A friend gave me a brief introduction to it. It seems to be pretty neat. Now all I need to do is find out how to load selections into 'favorites' so that I do not have to go through the arduous search/section process to re-find choices that I had already searched out.

alldodge

Staff member
Still working on how to cord cut my self, so KODI interest me. Did some looking and found this

Right click or press "c" and select "add to favorites", that easy. .

I'm leaning toward Roku but also looking into a designated computer to work everything

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Looking into Amazon Fire Stick as well. I have a smart TV at my vacation house that I rent but it's a pain adding my user info and then deleting it before renters come in. Way easier to use the fire stick.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
We cut the cord back in Nov and have been using the FireTV that our daughter gave us for Christmas a while back, I was installing Kodi on it when I read your first note last night Boom, now I am also going to install on my Home Theater Computer, have not played with the Kodi program yet, but will be fiddling today to see how best to use it. I have heard good things about the Kodi set up and there are lots of add ons for it.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Had Kodi installed 20 seconds after i opened the firestick box and was watching movies a few minutes later. Helps to have a stepson that is a computer science student

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
We cut the cord back in Nov and have been using the FireTV that our daughter gave us for Christmas a while back, I was installing Kodi on it when I read your first note last night Boom, now I am also going to install on my Home Theater Computer, have not played with the Kodi program yet, but will be fiddling today to see how best to use it. I have heard good things about the Kodi set up and there are lots of add ons for it.

Once you download and open KODI, there are several providers available. Apparently the best choice is Exodus.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Once you download and open KODI, there are several providers available. Apparently the best choice is Exodus.

Yup, I just installed that this morning, now I am looking at installing a add on for NASCAR

jbcurt00

Staff member
We use Exodus and although we dont use the favorites/save feature (never bothered to figure it out), we watch via Kodi all the time. Just thru the stick, no computer/media center.

About 50/50 TV shows (some new/current season, some past seasons) and movies (again some 2017 release, some prior year(s) releases).

Laid up, post-op the 1st of the year, it was great, esp if I nodded off in the middle of something.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Yabut the new Amazon Firestick is only $39.95 and it is voice activated as well. You do need to add KODI as it does not come pre-installed.

My hardware is faster and I can install Kodi straight up from the app store. If you want to access Amazon content though, their devices are best.

jbcurt00

Staff member
I was couch bound for a while @1st of the new year, having the stick and kodi was great, like having unlimited DVR but for everything, not just the shows I programmed it to record. So if I fell asleep, I could easily go back and watch what I missed.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
My hardware is faster and I can install Kodi straight up from the app store. If you want to access Amazon content though, their devices are best.

Kodi, is actually pretty easy to load onto the FireTV and Fire stick from your computer as long as they are both on the same network, took me about 10 minutes, it took longer to download the .apk than it did to install and start setting up the program.