Saving a texted picture to the 'gallery'?

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
I am sure that I have done this before but do not seem to be able to duplicate it. This is on a Samsung Galaxy Mini III. I tap the picture in the text box and it opens the picture full screen. I tap on the full screen picture and a header bar momentarily pops up. On the bar, on the left, is a gallery icon with an arrow pointing to the left. On the right side of the bar is a 3.5 floppy icon that apparently saves the picture to the SD card. I am not sure where the 'gallery' is stored.
Any way I tape on the gallery Icon, get a beep, then the picture deflates and returns to the received text box.

I then go to the gallery and the picture is not there. I did tap on the 3.5 floppy icon but that is not putting the picture in the gallery either. What am I doing wrong or not doing at all?

jbcurt00

Staff member
For both my Samsun S5 and S6 likely similar for yor Mini3:

Find the My Files icon, in that folder there are several choices, video, documents, downloads, images and possibly others, including SD storage card.

If you open the Images folder, there should be a few choices, including Downloads.

Open either the My Files folder or Images folder for Downloads. Your downloaded text pix should be shown.

If you open the SD card folder, there may be several different folders, depending on how your Mini3 setup the SD card. Might have to dig thru the folders.

On my S5s SD card, there is a DCIM folder that has folders for both downloads and camera pix I took.

But I'm pretty sure 1 of the above paths will get you to the saved text pix.

In the gallery view does your Mini3 have the choice to go up a folder, sort of like old school Windows going up a directory?

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
........In the gallery view does your Mini3 have the choice to go up a folder, sort of like old school Windows going up a directory?

Not that I can tell. There has to be a way that you can save a text picture direct from the texted picture to the 'gallery'?

jbcurt00

Staff member
I just saved a pix that was texted to me on my S6 cell

I opened the gallery app and the texted pix was the 1st one shown, under a heading of todays date in my downloads folder.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
I just saved a pix that was texted to me on my S6 cell

I opened the gallery app and the texted pix was the 1st one shown, under a heading of todays date in my downloads folder.

Ok, I do not know what went wrong. I tapped on the picture in the text to open it full screen. I then tapped on the full screen picture to get the header bar. I then tapped on the floppy icon and got a message the the picture had been saved. I went to the picture gallery and it was there. I know it tried that before and it did not work.

One difference is that you said your newly saved picture showed up at the top of the gallery listing. Mine show up at the bottom.

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral
..... I know it tried that before and it did not work.

If I had a nickel for every time I could say that I would have been compensated at about 1/2 cent/hour for the time wasted. I've even tried things multiple times with no luck....then a friend...or even worse....my wife, come along and do exactly the same thing and it works! :confused:
I sometimes think that these electronic "wonders" have substantial intellect and it just amuses them to mess with us. :facepalm:
A friend calls it "getting Gated". :)