TV-DVR

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I still have rabbit ears behind every TV for the local stations when the dish can't see through rain.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Your probably talking to a youngster

Well she was in her 30's I'd say.

GA, rabbit ears probably work great. Amazing how the new TV antennas advertise about Digital Antennas. It makes me laugh seeing such things.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Funny you mention that, GM. I do have Digital Rabbit Ears. Adjustment is done by extending/retracting and spreading open/closed with my digits. Works great! :D

alldodge

Staff member
Cable started to go wide spread in the early 70's, so the 30'ty something was either a thought or a curtain crawler.

Don't see it ever happening, but would love to see some kind of repeaters setup to push digital TV signal further out at least as far as analog use to go. Wonder what it would cost to setup, probably way more then its worth. If I could get it out another 20 miles would do it for me.

On the Mom note: she is now talking about getting a subsidize apartment in the fall. If she is going that route no since me spending $400 to get her fixed up to only not be able to use it later. Guess I'll give her some more time to see if things change again

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
We Have to stay with Dish. We are too far out for the local channels plus under a lot of trees. The problem with the local channels is more then half of them are in a language I cannot speak. Also she has favorites she watches. Our best upgrade was getting HD. Me? If it's not raining or too cold; I'm outside.