Need guidance on buying HDTV

lakelover

Rear Admiral
If you already have a Netflix account, then you just put your account info into your new smart TV's Netflix app.

Yup, did that, and with amazon Prime too. It was one of those "oh yeah, duh" moments.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
You have a hardwire connection between your TV and your router or using W-Fi?

I always hardwire a smart TV or Roku type device if I can.
The original idea was to hard wire. Needed to pull cable to hard wire so I gave WIFI a shot. Pushing 50/50+ with plenty of bandwidth (5+) mb/s) using WIFI so didn't bother.

I've been running the bandwidth monitor running on the router for the past 10 days or so. The router has recorded readings of 0.2 mb/s at the router. I don't think he problems on my side but I still have a couple more things to try. I set ROKU as a QoS service on the router to no avail.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
The original idea was to hard wire. Needed to pull cable to hard wire so I gave WIFI a shot. Pushing 50/50+ with plenty of bandwidth (5+) mb/s) using WIFI so didn't bother.

I've been running the bandwidth monitor running on the router for the past 10 days or so. The router has recorded readings of 0.2 mb/s at the router. I don't think he problems on my side but I still have a couple more things to try. I set ROKU as a QoS service on the router to no avail.
I ran a hardwire up the stairs to my one TV as a test and I found much higher quality with the hardwire vs WiFi so I bit the bullet and ran hardwire.

lakelover

Rear Admiral
Just a final update...I got the stereo hooked up to the TV and it sounds great. We have been enjoying it quite a bit and the size is just right for us and our viewing area. So thanks again for all the help in schooling an HD newbie. Tonight it's Charlie Brown's Christmas!