HF generator

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
True statement Bruce if load was 100% and 24 hours. Inverter will run off a car battery which will be charged by the generators 12vdc. Computer on standby is <25 watts and TV around 80 watts.
So 105W. Since invertor is 85% efficient the input to the inverter is 123W. Generator will be running close to 100% of the time to deliver the power to the battery. Seems like a waste of gas.

This is why I like inverter generators.

bigdee

Commander
So 105W. Since invertor is 85% efficient the input to the inverter is 123W. Generator will be running close to 100% of the time to deliver the power to the battery. Seems like a waste of gas.

This is why I like inverter generators.

Generator will be powering house. Inverter is to guarantee uninterrupted power at night and when refueling.

ehenry

Commander
BigDee, rig up and extended run tank like I did for my EU2000. All I did was buy an extra gas cap for the EU, took the vent off, drilled and threaded the cap to accept an OMC fuel line connection and VIOLA, it pulls gas from a 6 gallon boat tank.

I reread your original post and wanting another 30 years out of another little generator. The EU's are expensive but I've had mine going on 9 years now and the only problem I've had is the pull rope broke once and it is a bit of an effort to replace but not bad if you have the manual. I've used this little generator quite a bit and have been rather hard on it. I haul it all around in my utv running electric tools, small air compressors and such plus I haul in and out of my hunting camp every time we go. When there I'll crank it on a Friday afternoon and it doesn't get shut down until sometime sunday when we come home. If you want something dependable and that's going to hold up spend the extra coins and get you an EU series Honda.

Last edited:

bigdee

Commander
BigDee, rig up and extended run tank like I did for my EU2000. All I did was buy an extra gas cap for the EU, took the vent off, drilled and threaded the cap to accept an OMC fuel line connection and VIOLA, it pulls gas from a 6 gallon boat tank.

If I had it to do over I would have bought 2 HF 2000 watt inverter generators and paralleled them to get 4000 watts of clean power. The extra tank is a good idea. When my generator arrives I will check the quality of power....if OK I may skip the 750 watt inverter.

bigdee

Commander
Skipped the HF and got this http://www.generatorfactoryoutlet.c...-generator-w-electric-start-wheel-kit-xp4400e $349 and free shipping (scratch & dent) Pros over HF; electric start and wheel kit. A little smaller than I originally wanted but in an emergency I can juggle the loads plus I don't have to keep a large stockpile of gas sitting around. From the reviews Duromax is more favorable over the HF.

Got to try this out past couple of days. Satisfied so far runs quiet and runs well pump,refrigerator,lights,TV and garage door openers. Engine is made by (Chongqing)http://www.zongshenpower.com/subsidary of briggs & stratton.