Updating Adobe Flash Player?

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
I have XP and Firefox. I got the AFP update notice I think on Monday. I got the same page as in post #5 and updated it with no problem at all. No idea why others with XP can't update AFP.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
I am on the Adobe Flash Player Forum now. No answers yet but my issue seems to be a common one. As of yet, no one has said that Flash Player 23 is not able to work with XP SP3.

If I get an answer or solution, I will be sure to post it.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Ok, here is the story. The latest Adobe Flash Player still works with Windows XP SP3. For whatever reason I was trying to download an update and it wouldn't work. When pointed to the download that did work, it turns out that was the full app, not just an update. The full app uninstalls whatever was currently there and reinstalls the app anew.

Once seeing the format for the full app download, it was exactly what I had used before when the updates would not work. Only this time I could not find my way back to it. Here is the page that it is located on (near the bottom) and also the download file itself.

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player...r-windows.html

Flash Player for Firefox - NPAPI

A techy on the forum is going to look at my systems "online installer log files" and determine why the simple updates will not work.

Last edited: