A product endorsement, it is good stuff!

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Well I have been working on my snowplow the last few days, trying like everybody, to make sure I am ready when the snow fly's. Doing an inspection on the wiring under the hood, found some wires the pack rats had chewed on and exposed bare wire, thought oh no, I have wires to replace! Darn it. Sitting here talking to my wife, shes says, how would that liquid can of Flexseal work? I had bought a small can of the liquid pourable and two cans of spray able a couple of weeks ago, the spray able to seal a running light leak on the Motorhome and the pourable to just have a round in case.

Well, after spraying the running lights that were leaking and letting is cure, they don't leak anylonger. A couple of days ago, I open up the can of pourable stuff, take a modeling paint brush and paint all the bare areas on the wires, it is now cured, and works, still nice and flexible, completely sealed the bare areas and looks pretty good.

I like it better than liquid electrical tape and I didn't pay much more for the small can I picked up at Home Depot.

So based on what I have seen, the stuff is good and worth keeping a spray can around, it fixes stuff.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Well I have been working on my snowplow the last few days, trying like everybody, to make sure I am ready when the snow fly's. Doing an inspection on the wiring under the hood, found some wires the pack rats had chewed on and exposed bare wire, thought oh no, I have wires to replace! Darn it. Sitting here talking to my wife, shes says, how would that liquid can of Flexseal work? I had bought a small can of the liquid pourable and two cans of spray able a couple of weeks ago, the spray able to seal a running light leak on the Motorhome and the pourable to just have a round in case.

Well, after spraying the running lights that were leaking and letting is cure, they don't leak anylonger. A couple of days ago, I open up the can of pourable stuff, take a modeling paint brush and paint all the bare areas on the wires, it is now cured, and works, still nice and flexible, completely sealed the bare areas and looks pretty good.

I like it better than liquid electrical tape and I didn't pay much more for the small can I picked up at Home Depot.

So based on what I have seen, the stuff is good and worth keeping a spray can around, it fixes stuff.

Yea but did you built a screen door boat and seal it and float out to sea in it? :facepalm:

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Yea but did you built a screen door boat and seal it and float out to sea in it? :facepalm:

Hate to say, it that is probably not in the cards, I am not looking to go fishing! If I was going to do something like that, I would probably buy an old truck and make a submarine out of it!

:D

82rude

Rear Admiral
Used it on my boat.I will save you the time ,junk! Pretty well every mfg has their version out there now.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Used it on my boat.I will save you the time ,junk! Pretty well every mfg has their version out there now.

won't save me anytime, I already bought it and have used it, for what I wanted it for, worked great.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Actually was referring to gm280.You are the first and only person ive talked to that says it worked.Glad it worked out for you.Me not so much.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Actually was referring to gm280.You are the first and only person ive talked to that says it worked.Glad it worked out for you.Me not so much.

I know they make boats a central part of their sales pitch, I would never use it on a boat, to many proven methods to repair boats.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Did you at least set a few traps for the wire munching rodents???

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Did you at least set a few traps for the wire munching rodents???

Oh come on Bob, I have traps set year around after the goings on a couple of years ago, don't catch many these days, but I think they are just regrouping in the rear right now!

:D

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
I fooled the little muncher's this year.......... I sold the plow truck. Going to try a different approach this winter with an ATV plow

harleyman1975

Ensign
ATV plow works great as long as you push it way back in the fall and don't get any heavy wet stuff...been there done that!