Photo Bucket

Pusher

Lieutenant
Okay, you guys tricked me into creating an account. I managed to create a new album and upload my photos. That's where the success ended. I can organize my photos by "Sort Manually" but then it doesn't save my sorting job when I redirect back to the main album.

I also can't copy the image's URL.

Am I missing a "publishing" stage or something?

My lack of experience is showing and I defer to your better judgement.

Thanks for any help.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Pusher, I was able to open up your pictures and slideshow through them. However, I will state one thing, You can't move them around now on Photo Bucket ever again or the link will be broken. I learned that the hard way. I just resize my pictures using "mspaint" and post them direct on here now. So the picture remain with the thread forever, or until the mods decide to remove them. JMHO

DeepBlue2010

Lieutenant
IMG_20140826_175518241_zpsfxhl2zur.jpg

Not sure what is going on regarding organizing the library. To post a full size picture...

There are so many ways to skin this cat. I just copied the URL (not the IMG) code and click on the upload picture button on the editor and paste the code in the URL box

Ned L

Commander
I'll take a look at my photobucket account to see what is needed. I use shutterfly, and to post a pic here from there is simply a 'copy' there and a 'paste'. here. Simple as that.

Pusher

Lieutenant
IMG_20140826_175518241_zpsfxhl2zur.jpg

There are so many ways to skin this cat. I just copied the URL (not the IMG) code and click on the upload picture button on the editor and paste the code in the URL box

I was able to find the image url two different ways but I couldn't Ctrol C and Ctrl V it :-/
I'll check it out tomorrow evening. Maybe I was trying too hard.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Yep..... Pusher, click on your pic in post #2. To the right of the pic in PB is the IMG file. Click on that file and paste it in your post, just like sphelps did. Easy Peasy......

Since we're taking about PB, I haven't been able to use the photo editor for some time, resizing etc....... Anyone else have that issue?

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
To resize pictures, I use image resizer. With that, you can just right click on the picture and resize it.

http://www.bricelam.net/ImageResizer/

I use Dropbox to store all the photos that I post. You have to put in the image code manually but that is just a few characters.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I always was able to do it in PB and for a while now it won't let me... PB is super slow too. Seems like they keep changing "stuff"..... Now they're trying to get you to spend .99 not to get ads.... Really?

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I don't even look at PBucket these days, they have got way to big for their britches.

I have been using this one.

https://postimg.org/

Easy and free and I have not seen any ad's yet.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I've always liked PB, but since the lack of performance and non-working software, not so much anymore. It reminds of other software that had less than stellar performance. Although, that one is pretty good now........:D

gm280

Supreme Mariner
MTBoarguy and WIMUSKY, I stopped using any of them because I found out that you can't go to any of them and try put pictures into understandable libraries once you make a link to them. Oh you can move them around, but then your posted link is gone on these forums never to return again. So i simply lowered my pixel size on the camera and shoot picture that I can now load instantly without issue and they stay with the project. Just whatever you like I guess. :decision:

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
MTBoarguy and WIMUSKY, I stopped using any of them because I found out that you can't go to any of them and try put pictures into understandable libraries once you make a link to them. Oh you can move them around, but then your posted link is gone on these forums never to return again. So i simply lowered my pixel size on the camera and shoot picture that I can now load instantly without issue and they stay with the project. Just whatever you like I guess. :decision:

I do both, on here I can just upload images, but I am on another system you have to have an outside hosting service, so I use the one I posted, I could set it up on one of my servers, but I to lazy to install the program to run it for me.

Pusher

Lieutenant
It'll be an awesome day when iBOATS can afford a remote server to store our full-size uploads on. I feel like it's coming quickly so that exciting! :) Just guessing though.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
It'll be an awesome day when iBOATS can afford a remote server to store our full-size uploads on. I feel like it's coming quickly so that exciting! :) Just guessing though.

You can already directly upload photos to iBoats? I do it all the time.

Baylinerchuck

Commander
So long as your photo is 300kb or less you can post directly. My iPhone won't go that low....and I hate switching to a PC just to upload photos. Enter the image resizers at the App Store. Yeah, it's an extra step, but well worth it if you hate firing up that PC just to share a photo. Perhaps iBoats will have an iPad or mobile App someday......

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Full-size within the body?

What do you mean "Full Size" There is absolutely no reason that you need to post pictures above 100 dpi, unless you are doing stuff for print, you can't post raw images out of your camera, I don't even allow that on my servers and I spent several years as a partner in a magazine company devoted to bow hunting.. What exactly are you trying to do, please explain it and I will see if I can help.

Pusher

Lieutenant
So long as your photo is 300kb or less you can post directly. My iPhone won't go that low....and I hate switching to a PC just to upload photos. Enter the image resizers at the App Store. Yeah, it's an extra step, but well worth it if you hate firing up that PC just to share a photo. Perhaps iBoats will have an iPad or mobile App someday......

I got the resizer app the other day but when I upload it just puts thumbnails on that you have to click to view which is kind of a bother if you have a detailed thread like some of the more talented builders on here. (I'm aspiring) :)